Technology Committee Director
One Click Technology Committee Director Inclusive Board Vacancy Description
1. As a member of the Board, you would oversee the CEO and other senior management in the competent and ethical operation of the Corporation on a day-to-day basis and ensure that the long-term interests of shareholders are being served.
2. To satisfy the Board’s duties, you will be expected to take a proactive, focused approach to their positions to ensure that the Corporation is committed to business success through the maintenance of high standards of responsibility and ethics.
3. For all directors, the corporation requires an independent mindset, integrity, personal and professional ethics, business judgment, and the ability and willingness to commit sufficient time to the Board.
4. The Board considers many factors in evaluating the suitability of individual director candidates, including their general understanding of global business, sales and marketing, finance, and other disciplines relevant to the success of a large, publicly traded company; understanding of business and technology; educational and professional background; personal accomplishment; and national, gender, age, and ethnic diversity.
5. In all cases, a record of significant accomplishment in a relevant arena is a must.
6. The Board is committed to actively seeking highly qualified women and individuals from minority groups to include in the pool from which new candidates are selected.
7. Experience driving business success in markets around the world, with an understanding of diverse business environments, economic conditions, cultures, and regulatory frameworks, and a broad perspective on global market opportunities.
8. Extended leadership experience for a significant enterprise, resulting in a practical understanding of organizations, processes, strategic planning, and risk management. Demonstrated strengths in developing talent, planning succession, and driving change and long-term growth.
9. Prior M&A experience is desired - A history of leading growth through acquisitions and other business combinations, with the ability to assess “build or buy” decisions, analyze the fit of a target with a company’s strategy and culture, accurately value transactions, and evaluate operational integration plans.
10. A significant background working in technology, resulting in knowledge of how to anticipate technological trends, generate disruptive innovation, and extend or create new business model
The Technology Committee Director will be responsible for the following:
1.Review innovation and technology matters of importance to the Corporation, and provide oversight regarding:
• the Corporation’s investments in technology, research and product development; • the Corporation’s technology initiatives;
• the Corporation’s strategy and approach to technical talent management; and
• the strength and integrity of the Corporation’s engineering and development processes and disciplines.
2. Review and assess the Corporation’s policies and procedures on product safety.
3. Review and assess the Corporation’s practices with respect to how customer needs, both current and future, inform technology development and customer service and support offerings, as well as customer messaging and marketing of the Corporation’s technologies.
4. Discuss with management the Corporation's major risk exposures related to technology, including information and product and service security, and the steps management has taken to monitor and control such exposures.
5. Periodically review the Corporation’s intellectual property strategy and activities.
6. Make regular reports to the Board of Directors.
7. Review and reassess the adequacy of this Charter annually and recommend any proposed changes to the Board of Directors for approval. Annually review its own performance.